"I was looking for a 13-14" laptop at the lowest price points so I picked up the z370 with Intel B950 cpu at around $375... What I got is a $600 laptop in terms of performance, style, build quality and features. As far as I can see there is no difference between the z370 models except the cpu... for me the slower b950 is perfectly fine as I do not need more power. Likes... excellence bright screen, touch control keys for sound screen and more, top class keyboard, glossy blue finish that is easy to clean, good size and weight, strong battery."
"I have the i5 version in blue of this laptop. The blue color is very attractive and I love how the blue color surrounds the keys on the keyboard. It is a very attractive and eye catching laptop.
When shopping for a laptop, I wanted the smallest possible computer with a DVD drive. I looked at a lot of computers and this seemed to be a great mix of small size and large power.
I have owned the laptop for about four months now. It has never failed me in any way. It has run every program I can throw at it including a brand new RPG with very demanding specs and the premier image editing software. The card reader works like a dream. The screen is nice looking and the speakers are nice and loud. They sound better than I would expect a laptop to sound.
The computer feels well made, the keyboard as others have said is excellent; the touch pad is responsive and the texture is great; the one mouse button is easy to use and works. This whole computer just works well. I never use my desktop for anything any more. This is my fifth laptop and I'm guessing that in a few years my 6th will be an IdeaPad as well."
"I have used this over a month and found it to be the best laptop that I have owned. Small footprint, greatest keyboard, good bright screen, excellent sound and nice modern design. It could be a bit lighter in weight. I am very happy with the Z370!"
"I purchased the Lenovo Ideapad Z370 back in the late spring of this year. I thought it would be a solid computer when I bought it, but now after wagging it all over the country and putting it through all the paces, I have had great experiences using it. It has consistently worked with no problems everywhere. Everyone that has used it has commented on what a great notebook it is. I like it so much, I will be buying a lot more when I do my start-up next year. I am very sold on Lenovo!"
Cons: Video card, Wireless card, top build quality (which is little plasticy)
"I have been using this laptop for 3 weeks now and the experience so far has been pretty good. The Device I got has a core i5-2410M (SandyBridge) which is a second-generation of intel core processors, 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD. Following is what I would like to say about the laptop:
1) The design of the laptop is very simple. It has a plastic transparent top, about little more than an inch thick at its thickest. Also, the weight of the laptop is acceptable and evenly balaced. I would suggest it as a good choice for frequent travellers. The inside base (near keyboard) is a metal and looks good.
2) The boot up time was very good and faster compared to other laptops. Lenovo provides software to optimize the boot up time which helps to a certain extent. The boot up time varies generally from 50-60 secs.
3) The screen is really bright. I use it at 1st point (out of 10 point scale) for most of my usage. At the same time screen is very glossy but the brightness levels it has got helps usage in sunlight or brightlight conditions.
4) The keyboard is a chiclet style keyboard. Though it is first time I am using a chiclet style keyboard, it was very comfortable.
5) The performance of the laptop was decent. I have not used the laptop for any graphically heavy processing but the video playback capabilities looked decent without any stuttering on the videos of 720p quality. It also has a HDMI which works fine. Photo-editing tasks were performed quickly.
6) The webcam on the laptop is up to the mark. It needs lot of light. It is not usable in low-light conditions. Compared to a tablet basic tablet I had, the webcam performed bad in low-light conditions.
7) I was also not completely satisfied with the performance of a WiFi network card though acceptable.
8) Battery life is acceptable for a 4-cell battery. Around 3 1/2 - 4 hrs of video playback. 5-6 hrs of normal work.
9) Input/Output: It has 2 USB ports, 1 USB SATA port, HDMI and Kingston security port. Also it is WiMax compatible.
Conclusion: It is a powerfull budget-friendly laptop for students, travelers who prefer light-weight laptops with good performance."